Jan 22, 2009

The Nods, 2009


So, the Oscar nominations came out today. The Nods. The first thing I noticed is that I haven't seen any of the movies in the Best Picture category. Never happened to me before. The second (and most awesome) thing I noticed is that Robert Downey Jr. is nominated for Best Supporting Actor for his performance in Tropic Thunder. He'll lose to Heath Ledger, but it's still great that he got some recognition for his amazing role. The third thing I noticed is that Martin McDonagh is nominated for his brilliant original screenplay, In Bruges. At least my favorite film of 2008 got one Nod. Also, good luck to Danny Boyle. I hope he brings home a statue. I won't publish the full list or link to it here because I am lazy. You can find it with Google or something if you want to see all the details.

2 comments:

Native Minnow said...

I haven't seen any of the movies nominated for best picture either. Why didn't Twilight make the list?

silentkid said...

I all seriousness, I think the biggest snub is The Dark Knight. Nolan definitely deserved a Best Director nomination for his work.