May 5, 2009

Things That Suck And/Or Piss Me Off

Returning DVD's To Redbox:
I love the idea of Redbox: rent a DVD from a vending machine for $1.00 a night. The machines are usually easy to access. There is one at the McDonald's and one at the Albertsons near where I live. The selection isn't great, but they usually have recent releases and assorted cheesy horror films. It sounds almost too good to be true until you have to return a movie. The return movie slot is the same as the check out movie slot. It's a single slot. A vertical slice. So, you have your movie in hand, ready to return it, only to have to wait behind some clueless, retarded assholes who are trying to figure how to work the machine. They have their kids with them. They are talking on their cell phones and aimlessly tapping at the touch screen. It literally takes them 15 minutes to figure their shit out. I would be pissed enough if I were waiting to rent a movie, but I'm fucking losing it because I just want to return a movie. These all too typical members of the retarded class of Americans commonly found at grocery stores and McDonald's don't have the ability to work simple machines. It's amazing. They can text with their cell phones but they can't figure out the proper way to swipe their card through the credit card reader. They don't even know their zip codes. I wish that Redbox would do the sensible thing and make a separate return slot for the DVD's or at least equip their machines with lasers that will melt all the stupid people in the world. I'll step in their ooze as I rent Eye See You.

3 comments:

Native Minnow said...

Redbox is gay. If you have a red box, you should probably have your Ob/Gyn prescribe you a cream of some sort.

KimberlyAnn said...

I am commonly found at the grocery store and at McDonald's, usually toting a ton of kids. I don't know how to text with my phone or operate vending machines, but I am very, very good at swiping credit cards. If you're not feeling well and need someone to swipe yours, SK, I am willing to help. Just send it straight to Banana Republic and I'll meet it there.

Anonymous said...

She's hot. Sholda banged her.